Saturday, January 29, 2011

Honey, don't lick the shopping cart!

You know those people who wipe the shopping carts down with sanitizing wipes? Well, I'm one of them.  But, I'm also the parent of the reason you should be one of them too.

My oldest son never outgrew the oral phase.  You know the one where everything goes in their mouths?  He has always been the one to check the texture and taste of everything with his mouth (and I do mean everything).  Today, in two different stores, I had to ask him to stop licking the shopping carts.  I knew people could hear me, I knew they were thinking "how disgusting!" and they were right.  What's the typical incubation period for winter kid-crud?  That's about how long I have before he's sick and he shares it with little brother.  It makes for a long winter.

So, the next time you see a mom wiping down a shopping cart, remember that it might not be because she's paranoid or neurotic, she might just have a shopping cart-licker...or might have read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment