Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New Siding is Wrong

This has been an ongoing saga around here and I've put off posting anything until I was a little less angry and little more sure of the situation.  I'll still hold off on naming names, but I assure you, I will badmouth the contractor if this doesn't get finished correctly and soon!

For those who don't know the situation, let me start at the beginning.  Almost a year ago, there was a blizzard - Snowmaggedon or whatever your pet name for last February was.  So, with a couple of feet of snow on our roof, our gutter gave way and fell right off the house.  On it's way down, it cracked a couple of pieces of siding.  Fast forward through insurance adjustors, siding matching process and quotes, I found someone to special order the closest matching siding and re-side 2 sections of the house for a price that the insurance claim would cover.

Just as they got the end, I noticed it didn't look right.


Apparently someone ordered "dutch lap" siding instead of the straight profile we needed.  Sigh.

So, we wait for the correct special order siding to come in and the crew to come back out and take it all down and put the new stuff up.  They finish long after dark and I head out the next morning to see this:


Need a closer look?


No optical illusion.  It's crooked!  Really crooked.  In fact, it's more than a half inch off level.

So, now we wait again.  Think we'll have the siding right before the next blizzard?

In case you're wondering...here is the little crack that started it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment